Thursday, February 25, 2010

O.K. Ladies You Can Swoon. Camilo Villegas Leads Tournament




Sporting his new short hair cut, Columbian Camilo Villegas leads here in Scottsdale at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.  Fresh off his "almost" play in the finals in Tucson last week where he missed a three foot putt to put him in the championship, Villegas shot a bogey free nine-under par 62 which ties the Phoenix Open first round record.

Defending Phoenix Open champion Kenny Perry and Phil Mickelson are in a large group at 68.  WGC-Accenture Open winner Ian Poulter struggled shooting 72.  The excitement of the day came from the "older" fellas, Tom Lehman and Fred Couples, playing well and shooting 66 and 67 respectively.

For a full leaderboard update and pairings for tomorrow, click HERE.

Tomorrow I am heading out in the morning to catch some of the second round and will try and sneak in my I-Phone to take some pics.  I promise I will keep my eyes on the golfers and not the short skirts, high heels, and silicone......come on it is Scottsdale!

No comments:

Post a Comment